Our brand *NEW* waterproof slip lead in your choice of 16mm waterproof webbing colours, length & hardware finish.
AS SEEN AT THE GAME SHOW 2022
TIPS FOR USING A SLIP LEAD:
- Make sure your dog knows how to walk on a lead before attempting to use a slip lead.
- Ensure the Keeper is in the correct position to allow a 2 finger gap when slack.
- When using a slip lead in addition to a collar, ensure the collar is out of the way and that it won’t impact the effectiveness of the slip lead.
- If your dog starts pulling against the lead with it on its throat, stop using and go back to training loose lead walking safely with a harness or properly fitted collar.
WHEN A SLIP LEAD CAN BE CONVENIENT :
- After your dog has already been trained to loose-lead walk on a collar/Harness.
- When working a dog trained to walk well.
- Transporting to or from places safely. (Eg. Vet practices, Kennels, Shelters)
- Loading and unloading dogs from car or transport.
- In conjunction with harness/Collar & Lead for nervous /high escape risk dogs as a back up in case they slip their harness or collar.
WHEN YOU SHOULD NOT USE A SLIP LEAD:
- When tying your dogs to an object or during unsupervised time.
- When training your dog to walk on a lead. Dogs should already know basic walking and healing/Loose-lead walking.
- On dogs who persistently pull (check out our other leads)
- Puppies, cats or kittens, or small breeds.
Slip lead dangers
Slip leads can become dangerous quickly if your dog is pulling on the leash. Not only does the collar part of the lead tighten indefinitely, potentially choking your dog, but it can easily damage the soft tissue in the neck just from the pulling itself.
If a dog is choking from a slip lead being used incorrectly it’s brain is being starved of oxygen, therefore meaning that it will not be able to make rational decisions or be in the correct state of mind for training.
Please ensure you know how to correctly and safely use a slip lead before using as to avoid causing unnecessary harm to your dog.
-Strong waterproof PVC/TPU coated webbing
-Rounded ends for your dogs safety and comfort
-Much more durable than common polypropylene webbing
-Water and bacteria-resistant
-Does not stretch
-Heavy duty hardware
-Handmade in BRECON BEACONS, WALES, UK
*Custom length are available upon request.
Personalisation is available for this product which allows you to add your dogs name, contact number, Business name or one of our original vinyl designs. (Available in 'Ad-ons')
Hounds + Home accepts no legal responsibility for the use or misuse of the products sold. It is the customers and/or dog owners' sole responsibility to ensure our products are correct, comfortable and safe for the intended dog. By purchasing our products you agree to this policy.
We reserve the right to update our policies at any time.